GCREIA Main Monthly Meeting - Estimating Repairs Quickly & Accurately
Mike Jacka is the president and founder of the Minnesota Real Estate Investors Association (MnREIA).
He is a St. Paul native and, after a brief stint as a computer technician, became a real estate agent in 1992. Since then, his real estate investing background has become very diverse and includes general contracting, rehabs, single family homes, multi-units, rentals and land trusts in addition to wholesaling, foreclosures, pre-foreclosures, short sales, subject-to (Sub2), lease options and contract for deeds.
The first 6 years, he was doing "OK". Then in 1998 he attended a Ron LeGrand educational program and that is when his life and business changed forever. From then on, he was convinced that education is the key to success in this business.
Currently, his real estate business consists of rehabbing, wholesaling, lease options and creating seller financing as well as some small commercial buildings. He also does training and build systems for investors to improve their learning curve and assist them in their business.
MnREIA started in 2002 with just 8 members and has been growing ever since. The Minnesota REIA has become nationally recognized as one of the largest and most active real estate investment clubs in America.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
| Holiday Inn
6001 Rockside Road
Independence, OH 44131
Making offers is the only way to buy properties. However, making the right offers is the only way to make money. At this training we will Learn How To Use this Simple Strategy to Quickly and Accurately Estimate Repairs in 15-20 Minutes or Less.
Unless you know how to accurately estimate repair costs, you can’t make smart offers. And when you know how to do it FAST, you’ll save valuable time, make more offers, and get more deals. If you're going to make good offers, you'd better get good at Estimating Repair Costs. The accuracy of your equations, the profit in your deals, and the cost benefit of taking on a project all hinge on your ability to Estimate Repairs Quickly and Accurately.
Mike Jacka is a long-time retailer and experienced wholesaler who’s developed a system for repair estimation for his own business that’s so easy that even his non-rehabber assistants can use it, and he’ll share it with us at this meeting.
At this training we will learn what are:
The process is simple, once you understand how to break it down into what you need to look at and what you don't need to spend much time inspecting.
At this training we will learn what are:
• Major Components
• Minor or Miscellaneous Components
• How to assign values to each category
• And the individual items within the categories
Mike will walk you step by step through his process of looking at an making an initial repair estimate on a potential deal, and show you how he does this in 15-20 minutes so you can quickly calculate your MAO (Maximum Allowable Offer) for cash deals.
OREIA National Real Estate Strategies Summit 2016
Event - OREIA National Real Estate Strategies Summit 2016
Dates - Thurs Nov 3rd through Sun Nov 6th
Location - Great Wolfe Lodge in Cincinnati
Pre-registration - HERE!
Schedule - TBA
More Information - oreia.com
ALL-DAY PRE-CONVENTION WORKSHOPS
Ron Legrand: The FastTrack to Wealth
- The fine (and crucial) art of pre-screening prospects, so that you only have to deal with people who really want to deal with you
- How to find the best deals when the competition is fierce
- Where to get the money to fund your deals, without coming out of pocket one dime, and even if your credit sorta sucks…and so, so much more…
It’s taken TWO YEARS to fit OREIA into Ron’s busy schedule, so PLEASE don’t miss this chance to sit at the feet of the master for a full day. It will change your life—guaranteed!
Jason Roberts & Rachel Schneider: The Top 5 Secrets to Buying Houses Cheaper than Anyone Else!
Secrets of his success, include:
- How to find “hidden inventory” in probates, local banks, short sales, and other places the “average” entrepreneur doesn’t know how to look
- The #1 secret that will IMMEDIATELY put you out ahead of 84% of your competitors, even if you’re so new at real estate they haven’t even taken you out of the package
- How to create marketing that will grab the seller’s attention (despite the fact that they’ve gotten mail from 30 other investors)
- How to manage and track your marketing so that it doesn’t take up all your time
SPEAKERS & PRESENTATIONS
Friday Morning Keynote: “Is Your Ladder Against the Wrong Wall? How to be a LIFEonaire” with Shaun McCloskey
Shaun will share:
- Why most real estate entrepreneurs—new AND experienced—think about their businesses entirely backwards, and the immense toll that’s taking on your energy and productivity
- The thing that practically EVERY real estate investor does at some point that will literally enslave you for decades (and how to not do it, even though everyone says you have to)
- How, step by step, to get on track to build a business that takes less than 10 hours a week of your precious time, but gets MORE results than you’re getting now
She’ll show you:
“The Profit is in the Paper: How to Control Real Estate by Controlling the Financing” with Donna Bauer, The Notebuyer
- How you can buy existing performing and non-performing notes using other people’s money and create huge income or quick cash owning or brokering them
- How you can originate financing on properties you DO want to own, and sell with financing, and get literally infinite yields without being a landlord
- Why buying the bad debt on a properties is easier and more profitable than a short sale—AND gives you more flexibility to keep people in their homes
- Why buying defaulted paper is a great “back door” for getting real estate at rock-bottom prices
“Turbo-Charge Your Marketing Machine” with Kathy Kennebrook
you’ll find out:
- How to find and contact owners of vacant, ugly properties, out of state owner, attorneys, and a half-dozen other sources of great deals, and what to say to them to get them calling you, begging you to buy their properties
- How to make your marketing system a cookie-cutter, and automate it, so that someone else can do it (‘cause let’s face it, that’s the only way it’s going to get done consistently)
- What to say when sellers call, and how to make the deal right over the phone, BEFORE you bother to take off your bunny slippers and go see the property
“10 Ways to Increase Your Rental Cash Flow” with Jeffrey Taylor, “Mr. Landlord”
Jeffrey will cover things like:
- How to fill vacancies in 72 hours with great prospects
- How to keep tenants living in (and paying for!) your units for 3-5 years, consistently
- Why you’ll have a much easier, more profitable business if you’ll train your tenants about what you expect before you hand over the keys
- How you can get more passive cash flow without buying more properties
STAY & TRAVEL
Stay at the Great Wolf Lodge and Enjoy More Networking!
One of the very best things about attending the National Real Estate Strategies Summit is the opportunity to network with our excited, successful attendees, vendors and experts.
To Make Your Reservations at the Great Wolf lodge at the pre-registration room rate of just $102 or $149 to include waterpark passes Just Call this Number: 866-954-9653 and ask for OREIA’s room block or mention code 1611OREI. Reservations must be made by October 12, 2016*.